Sunday, December 13, 2015

Different Storage for My Ribbon Spools

I thought I had a good storage solutions for my ribbons.


Up until this morning, I kept them in this paper suitcase.  It was better than what I had before, when I stacked all the large spools into two columns and stuck bamboo stakes through the center holes.  I always kept the little spools in that silver oval tub, and when I unstacked the columns and put them in the suitcase, I was glad there was still room for the tub.




Now I have a different storage solution for my ribbons.  This weekend, my favorite flea market was open.  They had this hanging on the wall, and it was holding spools of ribbons.  I had a brilliant idea - buy it and put MY spools of ribbon on it.




The only change I made was to swap out the ribbon on this heart.  Their ribbon was red/white gingham; I used something a little more modern and colorful, to give it some glow.

 
I like the clock on the top.  I need to find cute little doodads like that so I can glue them onto things.  Where does one find such trinkets?


All my spools fit, with room to spare.  In the drawers, I put my tiny spools.




Left drawer.




Right drawer.




Cute button paper on the drawers.

Now the ribbons are more accessible and visible and inspirational.  I just need to do a little rearranging to find a spot to put this cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.