Friday, December 4, 2015

Not Such a Bad Fake Bird Tree

For a couple of years, I've wanted one of those small (15") fake pine trees.  This year I bought a nicely shaped one for half price at Jo-Ann Fabrics.  I didn't want to put ornaments on it, since I didn't want a Christmas tree.  Besides, I never saw ornaments that would have been the proper proportion.



I wanted a seasonal tree.  So I went with miniature fake birds from Michaels.  I guess the proportions are still a little off, but when you look at it closeup, it doesn't seem to matter.



I bought a wide assortment of birds, some more realistic than others.  I had just one pink bird, so it sits at the top of the tree.  I'm not sure what kind of feathers they put on these things, but I'm hoping they're chicken feathers, of which there are an abundance in the world.




One package had nestlings.


Not the mother!



One package had four teeny weeny birds (brown, red, blue, and yellow).  They didn't have any feathers, but I liked the variety of colors they added, as well as the variety in size.




See, this one doesn't look too bad for a fake bird, I don't think.  You can see how tiny that brown one is on the left.




I like all the different colors.




This is the teeny yellow one that came with the teeny brown one.

I have this tree sitting on the corner of my desk, where I look out at our bird feeders.  When traffic is light outside, I just shift my gaze inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.