Thursday, December 31, 2015

Two Yards of Charity Quilts

A few weeks ago, Jo-Ann Fabrics had fleece on sale for 75% off.  It was worth standing in line at the cutting table for 45 minutes.  I bought enough to cover a futon cushion, then decided to buy two yards of a different fleece for charity quilts.


Fleece will be the backing, so all I need to do is add a top (no batting).  I debated buying a cute patterned fleece, but thought that might be a little much with a pieced top.  So I picked this green, because I like some oomph in my colors.

I have buckets and buckets of fabric I don't like anymore, so this will help use some of it up.  I found easy blocks I like in Modern Blocks.  One quilt will use that Kaffe floral (north side of the fabric pile) as a center point, bringing in the other colors.




I also found a pattern I like in 3 Times the Charm, but I'll make the blocks bigger so I can get the quilt done faster.

I plan on making two lap quilts and one shawl.  Due date is next Monday.  Gotta go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.