Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Vintage Trees and Deer

Last month I bought some really pretty vintage bottle brush trees and heavy, brass vintage deer. 


I bought them from two different places, but they all look good together.  The tallest tree is 14", to give you a sense of scale.




The trees are made by Connie Jean.  She used to have lots more of these trees, but most of them are gone now.




The small tree is 8" tall.  Both of the white trees sit in vintage ceramics.




The purple tree sits atop a bedazzled bottle.




The ornaments are extraordinarily small.  I don't know if Connie Jean added them to the trees or if the trees came that way.  The ornaments come in four sizes, ranging from 1/4" to  7/8".  If I had found any this small in the stores recently, my bird tree might not have had birds on it.  But that all worked out for the best.




I didn't buy the trees from Connie Jean's Etsy shop; I bought them at my favorite flea market.  That's where I also bought the large deer in the back.  The two deer in the front are from another place.  They're meant to be candlestick holders, but I popped a couple of ornaments in there instead.




The flea market owner had a sprig of red and green berries tucked into the bow.  I left that with her, me not being a red-and-green fan, but I kept the pink ribbon.

The deer kind of looks like it would prefer it wasn't there.




 I like shiny brass!




That flea market is open again this weekend.  I hope to find another batch of fun vintage goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.