Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Worried About His Nose

You know how yesterday I discovered that Frixion pen ink will reappear at room temperature?  Supposedly it has to be 20 degrees or colder before it reappears, but for me it came back at 57 degrees.

Too bad I didn't know that before I marked up my dog's nose.


This is one of the two dog blocks I'm working on.  The other one has a similar dog, but the top and bottom are opposite of this one.  And it has different blocks on the side, in a different color.

But I digress.  I'm supposed to be worried about his nose, and I am.




Before I embroidered his nose, I drew it with a Frixion pen.  Except I drew it too big, so I ironed it off, redrew it smaller, then embroidered over it.  Now I think that one of these days, the big nose will reappear and I won't be able to iron it away again, just like on my name tag.  That will be the time I invest in my first set of fabric paints, I guess.

Another thing I'm worried about is his eyes; they look too puny, don't you think?.  Since I hadn't glued them on yet (I'll wait until after all the quilting is done), I ran to the store today and bought a set of larger eyeballs. 

I need to get cracking and get this project done.  It's been dragging on for WAY too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.