Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It Came Back


I had heard that the marks made by Frixion pens, which disappear in heat, come back in the cold.  But I didn't think my house was THAT cold!


I made this name tag a little over three years ago.  It used to look pretty good, but now you can see ghosting behind my name.

When I first inked in my name, the letters were upright and a little formal looking.  I ironed them away, and tried again, with a swoop.  Liking it, I free-motioned over them and all was well until who knows when.  



I was ready for an easy fix - just iron them away again.  But I applied heat until the fabric started to smell a little done and I still can't get those marks out.

I guess you only get one shot at this, and you need to make sure your ink gets totally covered.  Makes me a little unhappy that I had stocked up on so many of these magic pens.

I'm going to switch to chalk.  Blech.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.