Sunday, June 26, 2016

Next Project - Paper Pieced Lamp

Once upon a time in a magazine, I saw a bookcase decorated with items consisting of a distinct color on each shelf.  I liked it so much that I did something similar in my set of cubbies.  

Each column has items of one color - aqua, pink, orange, and green. And each row has the same type of items - books, mini quilts, accessories, etc. 

A few weeks ago, I stole the pink mini-quilt from one of the cubbies (indexed as Column Pink, Row Mini-Quilt) to put someplace else.  Now I need a replacement. 



After all the trouble my boutique apron gave me, I wanted something simple for my next project, so I'm going to make a quilt out of just one block, that of a paper-pieced lamp. 

These are the fabrics for the lamp.  The columns aren't entirely monochromatic, so I think it'll be OK that I chose a floral that isn't totally pink.

The white fabric is a faint text print.  I thought that was suitable for a lamp theme.


 



This will be the first, but not last, block I'll be making from Penny Layman's The Paper-Pieced Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.