Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday is Purse Day - Poodle Purse

Let's mix it up a little - sometimes Thursdays have a theme and sometimes they have purses.  
In the Thursday is Purse Day series, I'll show you purses I made and explain the process/inspiration behind them.




 
This is the front of Poodle Purse.  I was inspired by the poodle appliques with the 3-d pom pom tails.  I think this is my only purse with a V-neck.  That shape and the black lace help to emphasize the poodles and give the purse a really feminine feel.


Pom poms everywhere!  The fabric is seersucker - you can somewhat see the puckers around each of the tiny rectangles.  Lots of texture on this purse!


This is the back of Poodle Purse.  A strip of sparkly beaded trim frames the poodle picture.  The vertical sides of the outer frame are velvet ribbon woven through cording.  I can't take credit for it; I bought it that way.

I had two tassels left over from the front, so had to use them of course!  I love tassels; they're so silky and soft like a poodle's ears.


Interior pocket, attached with bugle and seed beads.


Nearly all of my purses have cards where I write my name and the completion date.  (Elephant Purse doesn't have one.)  This is the front of the card, made from a wallpaper sample.  It looks like she's talking into her shoe.  I wonder what's in that cup?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.