Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tea for Tuesday

Each Tuesday I'll be featuring a vignette of tea-related items.  Most of them will have one of my teapots; they all have at least one thing you could use at a tea party.


I love my Art Deco pitcher.  The fans to the right and left are of an unknown (to me) functionality.  They have a hole in the top, like they might be planters.  They look like bookends, but are too lightweight.  At a tea party, you could safely use them as vases or someplace to hold the silverware.




This is the apron that you would wear when serving that pitcher.  I made it with three layers:
  1. The bottom layer is a tea towel of plum and green.  I edged it with pastel peach and white lace.  
  2. The second layer is a lavender handkerchief.  
  3. The third layer consists of three - gosh, I don't know if they are more hankies or if they're napkins.  
The green and lavender layers are from Wendy Richardson



I decided they're napkins.




Close-up view of the teapot pin, made of polymer clay.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.