Thursday, February 20, 2014

Potholder Plans

I'm going to make some potholders for our quilt guild to sell.  Hopefully someone will want to buy them and we'll make a little money to buy batting for our charity quilts.  Here are my potholder plans.

 
These are the ingredients.  First I had to decide on potholders or mitts or both.  I decided no mitts, which means I have enough of that silver insulated stuff to make five sets of potholders.




 
I want the potholders to have a little something special to entice people to buy, something that you wouldn't find in a store.  These kitchen motifs from Cups and Saucers ought to do it.  It's been awhile since I've done paper piecing, and I'm looking forward to trying some of these.  

I chose three designs...




This is what I'm using for the stacked bowls.




This will be a teapot.




For the third set of paper-pieced potholders, I'm using her "jam jar" pattern.  But I'm calling them canisters because I'm going to embroider "FLOUR" on one and "SUGAR" on the other. 




This set of potholders will feature a big hunk of this chicken fabric, because it's too cute to cut up into small pieces.




And this last set will have log cabin blocks, with this oven in the center.  I bought one yard of this fabric and there's only three ovens on it.  That means there's a huge variety of motifs with lots of opportunities for other fun projects in the future.

I don't have a huge amount of fabric, but I still feel like it's too much.  I periodically try to whittle it down, but I have to say that when I went looking through everything today to come up with these combinations, it sure was nice to have lots to choose from.  So I guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing, fabric-buying wise.



2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing how they turn out......I will be first in line to buy. Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you! I'll show each set as soon as I get it done so you'll have plenty of time to window shop and change your mind.

      Delete

Your comment won't display immediately.