Monday, February 17, 2014

I Got a New Towel

I bought a new towel the other day.  Nice and simple and modern looking.



It has the same colors as the logo for The Modern Quilt Guild.  

What's I like about it is the color of the second stripe from the top, and the binding.  They're a deep minty green, rather than the turquoise that often gets paired with orange.

I had a couple of toys that went with it, and now I think I should make a quilt using those colors, with lots of white. 




I was going to use this fabric on a lampshade, but I might use it in the quilt instead.  Coincidence - the fabric is "Happi" by Dena for Fabric Traditions.  I didn't pay any attention to that when I bought it.  But today the name Dena rang a bell.


And sure enough, it's the same Dena that wrote this book I bought last December.  I love the book, and now I like the fabric even more.




The towel colors also go with my set of three (so far) Libbey frosted carousel glasses from the 1950s.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.