Friday, February 28, 2014

Fifth Time's the Charm

Remember those four pincushion jars I made earlier this month?  My intention was to make them for our quilt guild to sell and make some money.  But I liked them.  A lot.  And decided I needed to keep them.  So I thought I would give it another go; this time determined not to form a close attachment.


This one I'm giving away.  It's a little larger than the others, and holds a little of everything - beaded trim, fabric, and ribbon.  Since this will be going to a new home, I made sure to glue the lacy purple trim that's peeking out from the yellow pleats.  I had something similar on one I kept, but I just tucked it in.  I didn't want someone to buy this, get it home, and have that piece pop out and look dumb.




Here's the other side, where you can see more of the jar contents.  When I fill the jars up, I try to keep them looking good on all sides.  The pincushion top on this one is flannel with hearts and peace signs.


Here is is, wondering what's going on with those pins on the tray.




And here it is, feeling more at home, at least temporarily.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.