Monday, March 3, 2014

I Went to Buy an Orchid

I keep trying to buy orchids, but never seem do to it.  Last week I tried again.  No luck.


This is what I came home with.  The last time we had one of these plants (Schleffera), it grew to 5 feet tall and 6 feet wide.  It showed no signs of stopping and it was crowding the room, so we got rid of it.  The tag on this one said "mini", so we'll see.

You might wonder why I chose this plant.  Well, I'll tell you.




The first thing that caught my eye when I walked into the nursery was this tiny "trellis".  I grabbed it, since it was cute and had color that I was craving.




The second thing that caught my eye was this tiny chair.  I knew there was a pig at home that would fit just right, and he does.  




In fact, there were two.



 
Pigs like shade, since they don't have sweat glands.  And that's the reason I bought the Schleffera.

I still hope to buy an orchid one of these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.