Friday, February 7, 2014

Write to Your Friends

Today is National Send a Card to a Friend Day.  Sometimes it takes a little "oomph" to get up the energy to write, and that's why I keep buying stationery.  Too bad they don't sell this stuff in smaller quantities.



Sometimes I'm in the mood to write long letters, so I'll use one of these large sheets. 




Sometimes I'm in a floral mood.



It's better to write a short note than not write at all.  These envelopes are as bright and happy as the cards.  I use these a lot and am down to the last four, which I'm going to save.




Since I've been in the mood for fashion illustration lately, these cards really hit my spot, plus they're fun to use:  The flap on the "purse" lifts up, and the stripe "front" drops down.  For the card on the right, you lift up on the "shoes" to get to the writing spot.


Sometimes the envelopes coordinate with the cards or paper.   This paper is half-sheet, more room than a card, but less than a full-sheet, just right for a medium level of letter-writing-energy.

The high-rise note cards at the top are a new set I bought yesterday in honor of today.  I'm really in the mood for architecture, too, and need to do something quilty in this area.




Here's the perfect trifecta of stationery - envelope matching the paper, all stored away safely in a similarly-themed box.


Sometimes I'll buy cards just for the box.  The black "hair" on these girls is flocked, not only on the box, but on the cards as well.




 And sometimes I buy cards because, well, you know...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.