Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday Theme - Rakes

Each Thursday I'll feature items that have a similar theme.  They might be quilts, books, or purses I made.  Or, they might be ceramics or other objects (not made by me) related to the theme.  If there are too many, I'll spread them out over multiple, but not always consecutive, posts.


 

Little rake, not quite up to the job.  This reminds me of an animated movie I saw when I was very young where a woman had to empty a lake using only a slotted spoon.  That scene caused me a lot of distress, evidently lasting to this day.  Anyone knowing what movie that was, please leave a comment.  Cinderella maybe?


 


 
This size leaf is more like it.  Anxiety alleviated.


 


Slightly bigger rake.  Pots waiting for something!!

 
 
Caught on camera admiring itself in the mirror!



 
This is our full-size rake, no longer of use for raking, but fine for some of my weaving.  I don't take credit for this idea.  There used to be a really creative gardener that worked at the Middleton Public Library and she did something similar.   

I used to buy yarn, thinking I would knit.  Well, I don't and I finally admitted it.   At least I quit buying new yarn, for the most part.  But I was glad to have this idea to help use up some of the yarn I had.  It only took me a few hours to weave.
  
  
If you look closely, you'll see open spaces at the center edges of the variegated yarn.   I like the breathing room it offers.  I also like puns.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.