Monday, October 29, 2012

Piggy Pile Foreshadowing

I learned the meaning of foreshadowing in my high school freshman English class, when Mrs. Z had us read Charles Dickens.  Wikipedia explains it better than I can.  It's "a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that will come later in the story."
 

Last Friday I went to the Waunakee Quilt Show, on the hunt for hand-dyed fabrics from Anne Alessi, just like I told you I was going to in What a Great Party!  I bought quite a bit and Anne said I could make a piggy pile out of it.  Well, that wasn't my intention while shopping, but she must have mentally transported that thought because when I got home, I learned that the pigs had other ideas.




It started out nicely stacked, then one of them found it.  It only takes one, you know.




Must have blasted through the stack and now there is, indeed, a piggy pile.  Looks like there might have been a little help from someone.  Is that a foot from another species there on the right?


Now they've found my vintage thread.  At least the playing is getting tidy.


I don't blame them for arranging and rearranging.  Aren't these colors gorgeous?  The dyes are so rich and make solids more fun because of the variation and depth of color on each piece of fabric.


Nice job, pigs!  I love hexies!!!


As I left Anne's booth, she said "I can't wait to see what you make with them!"  Yes.  Well.  First I need to wrest them away from the pigs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.