Monday, October 1, 2012

What a Great Party!

Did you make it to The Sewcial Lounge last Saturday for their birthday party?  I felt like the party was for ME because I came home with a lot of beautiful fabric, a free spool of Gutterman thread, and a special treat for dessert (and I'm not talking about the free cupcakes).

It seems like nearly 2/3 of the fabric was on sale.  If you haven't been there lately, there is lots of new fabric, with more coming in all the time.


Ready to see what I bought? 




I had my eye on this Oriental fabric for months.  This is my kind of Oriental - bright colors and modern stylization of Oriental motifs.  It looks happy.  Most of my old Oriental fabrics make me feel sad and dreary and I've given most of them away.  The center front fabric has an architectural theme.  I need to make a list of upcoming projects (any old excuse to make a list sounds good to me!) and this fabric will be near the top.




This is a line of organic cotton - Commute by Jay-Cyn Designs for Birch Fabrics.  The prints have a slightly muted quality that is restful.  Anne Alessi of SteelWool Studio creates and sells beautiful hand-dyed fabric.  She'll be at the Waunakee Quilt Show later this month.  I'm going to bring this fabric and look for some coordinating fabric from her.



Home dec fabric for a project I hope to finish by next week.

 


This blue reminds me of chickory - one of my favorite flowers.  This blue is very hard to find and I was quite gleeful when I spotted it.



A different variation, as well as different colors, of the Alexander Henry fabric I used for my table runner.   This one is "sew much fun!".  I have big plans for my sewing room.  I should be ready to share the start of them next week.



Here's the dessert I was talking about!!!  Isn't this print incredible?  Emily Balsley of Bluestar Ink was selling prints, note cards, and fuzzies.  The fuzzies are one of kind and have their own unique names and stories.  There is definitely a fuzzy in my future, and hopefully in your's, too.

Back to Emily's print, titled Super Girl - off to the sewing room I go!!!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, you made quite the haul! I love the colors of the Commute fabric you bought - hope you make something fun with them!

    And thanks so much for posting about my Super Girl! This illustration holds a special place in my heart, and it makes me so happy to hear your kind words. :-)

    Good luck with your new blog. It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! It was great meeting you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment won't display immediately.