Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tea for Tuesday

Each Tuesday I'll be featuring a vignette of tea-related items.  Most of them will have one of my teapots; they all have at least one thing you could use at a tea party.


This week I'm bringing out some autumn-colored dishware.  The pitcher, about 8 inches tall, is Majolica and made in Czechoslovakia.  I found it at a resale store two years ago and the bright colors attracted me.  (I grab almost anything that is brightly colored.)  It was only today that I did some poking around online to see what I could learn about it.  That's when I found out it was Majolica.  I was surprised.  I think there must be different qualities of Majolica, and this is on the low end.  Some of these pitchers are marked "hand painted" on the bottom, but not this one.  I bought it because I thought it was pretty, not for any extrinsic monetary value it might or might not have.

The three little bowls in the foreground are from Pier One.  I love Pier One, who doesn't? 


I envision this setup being used to serve kittens.  I know cats aren't supposed to drink milk, but pretend it was OK.  Then you could fill the pitcher with milk, pour out three saucers, and invite your three favorite kittens to drink their fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.