Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Starting My One-Block Quilt

The July challenge for the modern club I'm in is to take a block you like and enlarge it to make a quilt out of it.  The quilt can be any size you want, but it's made up of just that one block.  

I thought I was done procrastinating after the two rush quilts I made in June, but this time I procrastinated more than ever.  We meet tomorrow, and it was only yesterday that I picked my block and fabric.  Today I start cutting and sewing.

This is the fabric.




And I picked a block from Modern Blocks.  It's Mouse in the House by Rachel Roxburgh, and it's sort of a cross between Log Cabin and Courthouse Steps, two of my favorite blocks.

I have one day to make it, and when I show it to you, you're going to wonder why I even needed a pattern.   Well, the answer is because I'm in a hurry and I want something to copy.

There's no way I'll get the whole quilt done, unless I make the block small.  But I think I want it at least 2 feet square, so if I get the top done, that will be good enough for show and tell.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.