Friday, June 7, 2013

Holding Strong Against Temptation

Somehow I find myself in the midst of way too many sewing projects and I don't like it.  I decided not to start anything new (embroidery excepted) until I finish the three charity quilts and three of my own quilts that are in various states of completion.  So imagine the temptation put in my way when I went to Mill House Quilts recently to cash in a soon-to-be-expired gift certificate.


I'm a sucker for clothes pins and I couldn't resist Feedsack III by Sara Morgan for Blue Hill Fabrics.  Some of the fat quarters in the foreground are Feedsack II, some are Windham, and the others I can't tell. 




Background is The Dressmaking Collection - Vintage Notions by Amy Barickman for Red Rooster.  Amy wrote a book on vintage notions which I'm looking forward to reading.

The bale is Plaster of Paris by Stephanie Brandenburg for Frond Designs.




This Moda will be a cute binding.




Sew Retro Labels from makower uk has so much potential.  I'm going to use some of the little squares in their entirety, and some of them I'll cut apart and use pieces in various tiny projects.

Like I said, lots of temptation, but I'm holding strong.  This is my lure to finish what I started.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.