Sunday, June 2, 2013

I'm Glad Target Sells Bananas

Target always has perfect bananas.  So I headed over there to buy some last Friday, and while I was there, I thought I would look around a little bit.  You never know what you're going to find in the clearance sections at the end of the aisles.


I found this ceramic lamp and lampshade for 50% off.  At 25.5", it's the tallest lamp I ever bought, not counting floor lamps.  They were sold separately, but obviously look good together.  

I know why the lamp was on clearance:  it's a 3-way lamp that hasn't learned to count that high.  Most 3-way lamps go low-medium-high-off.  My lamp goes on-on-off-off.  Since I'm not sure which one of the "offs" is the real off, I plugged it into a power strip and use that to turn it on.

There's no reason I can think of to explain why the shade was half off, except for it being my lucky day.





The base of this lamp was another Target clearance item I found earlier this year.  I couldn't find the right shade for it until today's trip to the antique mall where I found this fiberglass shade from the 1950s.  I know you can see the black part of the lamp where the bulb goes, but it only bothers me a teeny bit.  

This shade reminds me of a 3-week camping trip my family took when I was a child.  We went to Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, and other places I don't remember.


The desert side.


 Maybe Alaska?


 Maybe Wyoming?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.