Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Give a Little, Part Six

In the Give a Little series, we look at quilts I made for Project Linus.  Today I have two more finishes to show you.


You saw this in September, after I pieced it.  It's 48" x 60".

The pieced blocks were donated and I added the solid squares to tie the jewel colors together.  It was out for quilting and it came back to me for binding, which I did using my machine binding method.


.
This was the block that started it.  I loved the skyscraper and I loved the colors.  Using this block, I pulled other blocks that coordinated.




Another of my favorite blocks.



 
The woman that did the quilting is the same woman that quilted my penguin quilt.  She did a nice job and varied the quilting in the blocks.  Here you see four different motifs.




This one I did all on my own, start to finish.  It's 50" x 60".




Close-up of the nature-themed fabrics.  The bird fabric with the white background is from my stash.  I made a quilt out of it - I'll show it to you next week.  The rest of the fabric was donated, little bits of each, but when combined they made a pleasing whole.

I did utilitarian quilting - straight vertical lines and slightly wavy horizontal lines.

All my in-progress charity quilts are now done.  Whew!  Next I'm going to tackle my own three in-progress quilts.  Once those are done, I get to start something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.