Friday, May 29, 2015

Back to Millie

In March, I took a quilting class using a  pattern called Modern Millie, from Thornberry Quilts.  I'm just now getting back to it, trying to meet a June 2 deadline.


These are my fabric choices.


The block is a slice-and-insert technique.  Usually you use the same background fabric so the strips really stand out. 

I wondered what it would look like if the background fabrics were different and they became the focus, instead of the strips.   It's a little wild, so I'm going to name my version "Wild Millie".

These blocks hung on my design wall for so long that I had to put a pin in each one so they wouldn't fall down and get mixed up.  I eventually had to carefully remove them so I could use the design wall for my curtain.   Since I finished that earlier this week, I'm back to Millie.




2 comments:

  1. I love the color combination....very fun. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. It's been fun working on it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment won't display immediately.