Friday, May 8, 2015

I Need a Curtain

I decided I needed a curtain in one of my closets.  For a long time, I couldn't decide what colors or design, and whether it should be a quilt or just a curtain.  Then I got tired of dithering - it shouldn't have to be that complicated.


I pulled out my favorite fabric of all time - a fat quarter that I bought for $1 at one of our quilt guild meetings.  It's the fabric at the top - with all the retro woman doing whatever.  Since it's kind of clothing centered, it'll make a perfect starting point for a closet curtain.

I never wanted to cut it into pieces, so I'm  going to put the whole thing smack dab in the middle.  I'll cut the pink, yellow, blue, and green fabric at the bottom into squares and rectangles, then build it out until it's the right dimension.  I'll probably add white, too.

And it's only going to be a curtain, not a quilt.  I already have two other quilts underway, which I should be working on.  But none of them are as fun as this one.  And how long can it take to make a curtain?  Not very.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.