Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday is Fun Day - Relax in the Mini Garden

When you find good things on sale, you need to make them work.


I was at my favorite garden store recently, and as soon as I walked in the door, I spotted this mini couch with a big fat "half price" sign.  The coordinating chair and table were also half off, but I restricted myself to my favorite of the three.  That way I felt like I was being logical, instead of what I really was, which was buying something I didn't need.

I must have spent an hour looking at houseplants to go with it.  I wanted something that looked like a tree and I couldn't find anything suitable,  Frustrated, I walked outside and found tiny cedar plants.  Perfect.  Plus, a metal pot on clearance for only 70 cents.  Ooh.  A little crowded, but call it cozy instead.

I already had the blue bird house and I added some large rocks for "boulders".




The two cedars could transition to outside if I wanted to put them in the ground, which I don't.  In the two weeks since I put this planter together, they've grown by about a third.  There's some pruning in the not too distant future.




I have it on the corner of my desk, a good reminder to slow down and relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.