Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday is Purse Day - Guitar Pick Purse



I made Guitar Pick Purse in March, 2007.  It's not a real guitar pick - it's metal with some kind of oxidizing paint.   I bought it at a bead store in Milwaukee over ten years ago.  




 This shows you the scale (no pun intended).




It sure has a guitar pick attraction, though.




Looking at the back, you can see the body of the purse is plaid.  It's actually a ribbon, with wire edges which gives added structure and oomph to hold all those beads in the tassels.

These teeny purses are so much fun to make.  I've been purging and rearranging my sewing room for the past week.  Going through my ribbon box, most of it was no longer appealing to me and has to go, but I found one spool I still love.  I'm going to make a little purse out of it next month.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.