Thursday, August 13, 2015

I'm Making Crayons

Gosh, this is a fun quilt to make.  I just wanted to stop in for one quick photograph and a progress report.


Yesterday I finished my words, one of which is shown above. 

This morning I cut out my crayon bodies and paper pieced the crayon tips.  For the tips, I made my own paper-pieced patterns that were 3.5" square (the width of the crayon) with an isosceles triangle superimposed on top.  I made one as proof-of-concept to be sure the measurements worked out OK as far as the pattern and the amount of material I cut, then I mass produced the rest.

Now I need to make crayon labels, which will involve hand embroidery.  

I have some surprises yet to share with you:
  • the other word that goes with crayons
  • the labels (they WON'T be the names of colors)
  • the layout (nothing like you see here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.