Saturday, August 29, 2015

I'm Going to Read More

I know enough about goal setting to say "I'm going to read more", instead of "I want to read more".  But logic, well that's another story.  I took a logic class once but found it very complicated and I didn't do very well.  So I bet my latest effort at logic is another failure.  It goes like this:

I'm going to read more.
I'll read more if I have a pretty chair to sit in.
Therefore I  need to make my chair pretty.

I bought a pretty ottoman (pictured in the bottom of this photograph) in early June, and made it the focal point of a redecorated room.  The only thing left to do, and which I planned to do right away, was make some cushion covers for my rocker/glider.

I laid some potential fabrics out on the chair, as you can see, and they've been sitting there for almost three months.  As you can imagine, not a lot of reading has been going on in that spot.  I think I was putting it off because I didn't have any cream-colored muslin that was of good quality, just some very coarsely woven yardage.  But the other day I remembered I have over a yard of perfect muslin left over from my Positivity Crayons quilt, so this chair project has now jumped to the head of the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.