Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Fabric Challenge - the Quilting

I finished quilting my fabric challenge quilt yesterday.


I went with my favorite - echo quilting.  There was a lot of twisting and turning the quilt on every corner of every snowball and bow tie.  This is why I only make wall hangings and small quilts.




I debated sewing a wooden flower button in the center of each snowball, but decided against it.  Although the contrast would have set off the button nicely, I wanted this quilt to be about the snowball and bow tie shapes.  I added that extra bit of stitching of interlocking lines to hold down the center.

Today I'm ready to start the binding.  For sure I'll have the quilt completely done by the end of Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.