Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday is Fun Day - Housework Girls Chalkware

I found these three chalkware wall plaques at a flea market earlier this month.  They're sort of a more modern version of the dutch figures found in 1950s kitchens.  These were made in 1973 and used to hang in the kitchen of the seller's grandmother.


They're 8" tall.  Each one has a small animal helping out with the chores. 




 I was drawn by the vivid colors.




My intention was to pair them with some vintage patterns that have the theme Monday is Wash Day, etc.  But my patterns either feature roosters, weird-looking dogs, or roses as the actors.  I'm going to hold out for something with people in them before I commit to an embroidery project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.