Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Making It Mine - Pink Vanity Stool

Early this summer at a resale shop, I bought a vintage pink metal stool, perfect for a vanity table.


I liked the color alot, so I left it alone.  It came with a sort of creepy and icky old cushion, which I left behind at the store.  Of course I wanted to make a brand new one myself.



My sewing room has a yellow / orange / pink color scheme.  To go with the retro stool, I chose Lazy Daisy Raspberry from Jeni Baker's Dreamin' Vintage collection.   And because I like sparkle, I used this little bit of trim from my trim stash.




I used a piece of foam I had laying around in the basement, and made a pillowcase cover that I hand-stitched shut on one short end.  



I hand-stitched the trim on, as well.  I used a backstitch to give one continuous line of stitching.


I have it sitting with a vintage vanity table that I bought at a garage sale early this spring.  I'm liking brass this year, and the brass-legged, mirrored, formaica vanity table struck my fancy.  First came the table, then the stool.

I bought the table to be a plant stand on my deck.  And it lived out there with my bird cage for over a month.  But it was so pretty and I felt bad that it was getting so beat up in the rain, so I brought it inside into my sewing room.  Kind of an unusual thing to have in a sewing room, but I think the pair of them are pretty, so that makes them welcome. And the airy, curvy legs don't take up much visual weight in the room.

This stool and my ironing board cover were the last two little projects that were hanging over my head.  Now I have a clean slate and I'm excited to plan some new projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.