Friday, May 9, 2014

Thursday Was Purse Day - Bee Happy Purse

Thursday is supposed to be the day I show you purses I've made.  Today is Friday.  I didn't have time to write this post yesterday, so it's a day late.


This is the front of Bee Happy Purse.  I saw some big fat bumble bees around my new plants this week, and I was reminded of this purse I made in April, 2009.




I used a lot of hex shapes on it, because of a bee's honeycomb.

The bee on the right is visiting a flower to do whatever bees do, and the bees on the left are going back to their hive.


The front of the purse is made of felt.  That's fun to work with!!!  The upper right corners were trimmed back to show the lining fabric.




The handle is made of leather cord and wooden beads.  Little knots of yarn act as bumpers to keep the beads separated.

To strengthen the hole on the purse, I added another layer of felt (yellow hexes), then put a grommet through the two layers.




The back is the same fabric as the lining.  This fabric looks a bit like honeycombs, and the colors aren't a reach either.  Honey can be different colors depending on what the bees feed on.


It was more fun to glue the buttons on than to sew them.  This was back when I used a hot glue gun, but now I prefer Aleene's tacky glue.

Lastly, the center button is the purse's namesake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.