Monday, April 29, 2013

Pouf !

A pouf can be a number of things.  It basically refers to something with an inflated appearance.  Marie Antoinette's hairdo is called a pouf; so are beehive hairdos.  It can be a fluffy part of a garment, for example, a sleeve.  But lately, pouf has become a well-known synonym for a legless, well-padded ottoman.



I took the Gum Drop Pillow Class at The Sewcial Lounge over the weekend.  It was the most fun class I ever had and I came home with a completed pouf.  We used this pattern by Amy Butler.


 I used one yard of Amy Butler's Arabesque...


and one yard of Ty Pennington's Angel Wings.  I bought both of these fabrics from The Sewcial Lounge.




I must really like those colors, because they go perfectly with this plant I bought a few weeks ago.




The pouf is twelve inches tall and eighteen inches across.  I made the whole thing in just a few hours.

If you like it, I encourage you to take the class.  Sara had lots of great hints that weren't in the pattern.  I'm looking forward to making more of these!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.