Monday, April 1, 2013

Give a Little, Part Four

In Oversaturated, I talked about a Project Linus quilt I was making out of leftover strips from another quilt.


This was the starting point for the front.





These were the other two fabrics I was adding...




... and this is the finished product.  A couple of problems - the top is three inches narrower than the bottom!!!  Holy cow - how did I do that?  I guess when I was trimming the edges, I didn't have my ruler straight.  The other problem is that the dark purple seemed too dark to me.




So I did lots of free motion quilting in yellow to lighten it up.  I alternated bands of flowers (similar to the motif of the backing) with words.




The backing - maybe not conducive to restful sleep???


This is the other Project Linus quilt I finished last month.  I had the top pieced last year and it was waiting for a long-armer to quilt it.  I just added the binding and now it's done.




Here's a close-up view where you can see the quilting if you look in the navy strips.  She did a nice job.  Last year I only made the tops and did the bindings.  This year I decided to make fewer quilts, but do the complete process by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.