Sunday, April 7, 2013

Piggylocks

Last week when I was rearranging our rooms, I had a helper.  He tried out lots of chairs, looking for one that was just right.


"Too small," he said.
"It's rude to sit on a cat,'" I replied.




"Too big," he said.
"You look like a chameleon and might get sat upon," I replied.




"Whee!!!!" he said.
"Too dangerous!" I replied.




"Ooh, so cushy," he said.
"No back support," I replied.




 "This chair is almost right, but my little piggy butt is getting sore.  I need a cushion," he said.

"Well, you see, that's because it's not a chair, it's an antique pin cushion.  I threw the cushion out because it was a million years old and really ratty," I replied.

"But can't you make a new one?" he asked plaintively.

"I don't see why not," I replied.




"Just right!" he said.
 And I had no reply, for it was, indeed, just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.