Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday is Purse Day - Atkinson Autumn Tote

Here's another tote bag made from Terry Atkinson's "Happy Hour" book.  I made it the same time I made the yellow/black/white one we looked at last week.


Not that we want to start thinking about autumn, but this one has a fall theme.




The buttons on the front are polymer.  I'm pretty sure I got them at the International Quilt Festival once upon a time.  Back then they were really exciting.  Now you can find buttons just as cute at Jo-Ann.




I didn't have pink buttons bright enough to suit me, so I glued a 5/8" sparkly bead on top of the hand stitching that attached the handle to the bag. 




A different fabric on the inside.




I made a different kind of wallet for this tote.  It's a triangle that's held closed with a polymer leaf pin.  


 Here's the open wallet, so you can see construction details.




You wouldn't want to undo that pin every time you get something out of the wallet, and you don't have to.  When it's folded back up and pinned, you can still slip bills and other goodies in and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.