Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday is Fun Day - Origami Boxes

Monday is the day we look at fun items I've collected from vintage or new sources.


I bought these Origami boxes at the same craft fair at which I bought my Duck Tape pens.  They were made by an adult, not one of the elementary school children.




The woman that made the boxes used this book.  I checked it out from the library, but the directions were too spartan for me.  Plus the author didn't mention what kind of paper she used, so the whole process became a large mystery.




These are the tops.




These are the bottoms.




And these are the insides.

I really want to make some of these, so I decided to look on YouTube for help.  I found a video of someone (not Tomoko Fuse) making this exact box.  Then I looked online for "origami paper" and found this exact set of paper at JoAnn Fabrics.  I even called the store, to see where they keep it - it's in the arts department with the watercolor paints, etc. 

With all of these mysteries solved, I've just added another project to my to-do list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.