Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Making It Mine - Curvy Old Chair

I bought an old chair at a resale shop, thinking I would paint it, and definitely knowing I would recover the seat.


When I got it home and had a closer look, I decided it was too pretty to paint.  The curves are so dainty, and it is, indeed, a fragile chair.  The bottom of the seat said it was mahogany, which I think is too nice to paint, so I left the wood alone. 

But I did pull off the really, really old pale blue seat satin cover (along with extremely rusty staples), and replaced it with this modern floral.




It likes to sit near my little desk from a garage sale.  I think it likes the new knob I gave it.




A little something for the corner of the little desk.




A little bouquet from the yard.




The clock and vase are a couple of other thrift store finds.  I hadn't thought of it before, but everything in this corner was pre-owned, but now I've made them all mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.