Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday is Purse Day - Black/White/Yellow Tote

Several years ago I made a tote bag from Terry Atkinson's Happy Hour Book


It's 16" tall (including the handle), 10" wide at the top, and 4" deep.




The handle is attached with a button and seed beads.




Same fabric on the other side, but with a different repeat.




After cutting the tote bag from the strip set, there were leftovers, so I made a small, coordinating wallet.  

There was no pattern - I just made a quilted rectangle, bound the edges, folded it in thirds, and hand stitched the sides.  There's a snap to keep it closed, and the stitching on the snap closure is covered by the linear golden "chicken bone" bead that I used when attaching the front and back of my Voodoo Purse.




I like the patterns and books from Atkinson Designs because they're attractive, modern, and simple to make. Two summers ago, I made this Urban Cabin quilt from one of her patterns. See this post for details on the inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.