Friday, June 20, 2014

Check This Out

I made my first checkbook cover in March, using Rebecca Mae's checkbook tutorial.  It was so easy that I made nine more to sell at our quilt guild's fundraiser.  I kept one back, four sold, and the other four came back home.  The props shown here are just for photography purposes at home, so had no influence on the sales.


Sold




Didn't sell




On some of them, I made the insides out of different fabric, thinking that would entice a sale.  Didn't work on this one.




Sold




This has the same fabric inside as outside, but the repeat is so large that it looks different.




Didn't sell - again, a different fabric on the inside.  I thought this would appeal to the turquoise fans, but didn't.  That's OK, because I'm going to use it with my turquoise purse.




Sold




The inside




The one I kept (never made it to the sale).




Didn't sell




Sold




The other side




Didn't sell


I had to do some analysis to see if I could figure out why certain of these appealed to people, and why others didn't.  Of the four that sold, all had a floral pattern with multiple colors.  Of the four that didn't sell, three were geometric patterns, and one was the stylized floral of the orange/white cover you see above.  And of those four that didn't sell, three of them only had two colors.  That's OK, I like them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.