Saturday, June 21, 2014

I (Heart) My Lampshade

I covered a new lampshade this week, using a self-adhesive shade I bought from Jo-Ann Fabrics last year.  The whole thing (excluding shopping for fabric) took about 1/2 hour. 


Craft stores don't sell these lampshades any longer.  After I finished this project, I called around and got the bad news.  Rats!  If I had know this was going to happen, I would have bought all the other ones they had.




I found the glass lamp base at a thrift store last July, but didn't use it until now.  The lamp that used to be here followed my Party Dress Office Chair over to the orange wall in a different room.  So I went to my lamp vault and picked this one out.  It came without a shade, and I was in the mood for a small project. 

I wanted a youthful shade to jazz up the classic base.  The fabric is flannel.  I didn't go looking for flannel, but this design hit my spot and the colors were perfect for that space, so flannel it was.  I thought it might be too stretchy to work with, but it was fine.   




To complement the new lamp, I redid the top of the cabinet. 




I already had this pig planter; a quick trip to the garden center turned up a new little pink plant to make one happy pig.




My little poodle, puzzling over one of the pincushion jars I made.



 It's been rainy lately, and the lit lamp makes it nice and cozy inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.