Friday, June 13, 2014

Arrowhead Clock

This is a story about a clock I made for our quilt guild's fundraising event, and how it made its way back home again.


I knew I wanted to make a clock, since I liked the two I made previously - one was a frisbee clock and the other was a painter's canvas clock.  

The frisbee clock was harder, so I bought another painter's canvas and was all set to decoupage it.  But I decided on a better method - instead of messy decoupage, just use a staple gun to attach the fabric.
 


I didn't like any of the fabric I had, so I bought this Tula Pink fabric named "Arrowheads" from her Acacia Collection with Free Spirit.




As to why I donated this clock, but still have it:  It was part of a silent auction, and I was pretty happy that nobody was bidding on it (I really wanted to take it back home).  But the next time I checked, I noticed a friend put a bid on it.  Somewhat disappointed, but happy that the guild was going to get some money out of it, I told her about my conflicted feelings.  Not to worry, she said.  Her intention was to give it back to me, and that's what she did.  That is a doubly generous friend.

I keep the clock next to my favorite lamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.