Sunday, June 15, 2014

From the Vault - Iris Quilt

The irises are just finishing blooming, so I thought I better hurry and show my Iris Quilt.


I made this 20" x 25" wall hanging in June 2007.  Similar to my Tulip Quilt, it's a pattern from Details by Diane.   I made it back when I was using batiks.  I kept collecting them and not using them, so I got rid of them all last month. 




The construction method is fused raw-edge applique.  All the pieces, even the cream background, are fused to a large piece of black background fabric, then the edges are sealed with scribbling stitching..  It was fun and easy.  I sure like to fuse things.




I used a variety of greens for the leaves and stems to give a little dimension.




These irises smell just like grape jelly.  




I like the way iris blossoms are spread out along the stalk.  From that one bud point, others keep sprouting, like magic.




Then I have my iris vase to fall back on after the blooming season is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.