Monday, January 14, 2013

Stuffed to the Gills

I was doing some rearranging in my sewing room last fall after I got my vintage ironing boards.  I moved this dresser in and put on some new knobs that I got from Sampler Square.  It was a tight fit, but I managed to stuff all my batiks in here.


 
This is the top drawer, where I fittingly keep all my favorite ones.  





The smaller drawers are arranged by color, and behind the door is the large yardage.

I need to do something with my batiks, but what?  I know!!



 
My small quilting group is meeting again next week and I need to start getting ready so I can tackle my homework.  We've had some interesting challenges in the past.  One was the wonky log cabin that led to my Dress Form Quilt.   Then for a few months we investigated color and that lit an inspirational fire under me and I finally made a Color Wheel Quilt.

This month's homework is to play with design, based on the exercises in Color and Composition for the Creative Quilter.


I'm going to work on design composition this year.  My plan is to make one block a month based on each of these compositional arrangements.  Although this page is meant to show composition for an entire quilt, I don't see why you can't practice on a large-ish block, around 10 inches.  Then I can put them together and make a sampler out of them.


Quilting Line + Color is one of my new books that I'll be using for inspiration.  Since homework is due next week, I guess I'll have something to show you then!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.