Friday, January 18, 2013

Give a Little, Part Three

In the "Give a Little" series, we look at quilts I made as part of my guild's Service Project Sew Days. I have three completed quilts to turn in at our next Sew Day later this month...




A few weeks ago, I talked about Oversaturated.  Here's the completed quilt.  I quilted it with my new red thread from Connecting Threads' Rainbow thread collection.  Simple quilting - I stitched wavy lines across the short sides. 




 Close-up of the Barbie fabric.  You can see that it was my starting point for pulling the other fabric.




The back...  I didn't have enough of the light pink, so I added the Barbie band to stretch it.


Close-up of the backing.  I like this fabric very much and it's something I would have bought if I had seen it in a store.




You saw this quilt top in Give a Little, Part Two.  It came back to me after another guild member quilted it, and I did the binding this week.  All the blocks in this quilt were donated.  I added the coordinating border fabric (striped rainbow, car) and the blue cornerstones to, as Tim Gunn would say, "make it work".




Here's a close-up of the quilting.  I don't know the person that quilted it, but I was told she was relatively new to longarm quilting and was happy to have a forum for practicing.  I think she did an awesome job.




I chose this plane fabric for the back to keep the transportation theme going, and because the colors worked out perfectly.  This is another good place to admire her quilting.



You saw this quilt top in Give a Little, Part One.  My friend Sue quilted it, and I bound it last month.

The center fabric is another fabric I like a lot.  I really, really wish I had found some of this in a store.


Here's a close-up of the quilting.

On to new adventures at our next Sew Day!!!  It's the first one of the new year, so it should be exciting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.