Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Making It Mine - Little Blue Cabinet

Time for another episode of Making It Mine, where I start with a store-bought item and then change it up so I like it better.  I did this one in 2009.


I bought this cabinet at JoAnn.  It's small, approximately 11" wide and 12" tall.  Pretend you don't see the holes, because they weren't there when I bought it. 




I wanted to cover the front of each drawer, so I made panels out of cardboard, then covered them with batting and fabric.

I used this same fabric last year in my Filigree mini quilt.




Good old duct tape holds everything in place on the back.




I took the panels to Sampler Square and bought knobs to match.




The knobs are sitting on 1/2" brass extenders, to give even more dimension.  The panels are nice and poufy, like a tufted ottoman.




To tie the top into the batik fabric, I glued thin black ribbon around the edges, and added a large faceted bead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.