Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another Pigiversary Present


I thought the pigs should have a handmade present for their first pigiversary.  The other two presents came ready-made; one new (book) and one vintage (rocking horse).  They really loved the carousel ride, so I embroidered a similar looking horse for them.  The framed piece is 5" x 7".


 
 The pattern came from Aimee Ray's Doodle Stitching.  I also used that book for my Teeny Bonsai.




I picked up the frame at a garage sale this spring.  I don't know what kind of metal it is, but it's very heavy.  All four corners have this "gold" detail.

The horse plume is sewn with back stitch and French knots.




All four sides of the frame have one smaller, centered, "gold" motif.  

Most of the horse is done in two-ply stem stitch.  The teal center on the forehead is back stitch. 


The pink "bells" on the saddle are satin stitch.



You know those props on the back of frames that allow you to position your frame in either landscape or portrait mode?  This frame was made before manufacturers thought of it.  It has a prop to hold it up, but only in landscape mode.  That's why I have to use this plate stand to display the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.