Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Batter Up!

Last week I was trying to get myself to commit to a new quilting project.  I'd been on an unanticipated and unwanted sewing break of a few weeks.  I made a new nametag and now I'm ready to tackle something a little larger.

I don't know about you, but I've been seeing dress forms a lot lately, in all kinds of products.  I like dress forms.  You can see where this is leading, can't you?  I see a dress form collection looming in my future.




I found this quilt pattern in the Sew Mod booth at Quilt Expo a few weeks ago.  It probably wouldn't have been overly exciting to me, had I not seen a sample already constructed.  The pattern you see is for a wall hanging; there's another version, smaller, that can be framed.  That's what their sample was.  And it was in a different color palette than the pattern.  Ooh, I said.

So this is my current project.  I don't want to talk about dress forms any more for now.  You'll see what's up sometime in October.

P.S.  Of all the inspiration photos from my So Go Sew Already!!! post, this one wasn't even on the radar that day.  Sometimes that's how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.