Sunday, September 9, 2012

Who Am I?

Here are some name tags I made to wear to quilting clubs and sew days.  That way if I forget who I am, I have a quick way to check. 


This one was inspired by the charms I bought several years ago.  Who knows what I planned to do with them back then?  The dog is a button I bought separately, with nothing in mind.  That's the best way to buy things, with nothing in mind.  Then when you feel like doing something, you just troll through your warehouse and find things that go together and come up with a new idea.




This is the second one I made.  I had a teeny bit of Alexander Henry's "sew now! sew wow!" fabric left.  I used the bits that had the tape measure, and a smidgeon of the selvage.  I need to make more things out of selvages, now that I see the projects that people are coming up with.  Most interesting!  The scissors were added as an afterthought because I didn't space my name correctly when doing the free-motion sewing.  It needed a little something on the right, so I went into my miniature sewing room in my miniature house and stole the scissors.




These objects are inspiration for six more name tags, which I'll share as soon as I finish.  In the meantime, maybe you'd like to take some guesses?




You Might Also Like:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.