Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Quilt Finish - Wonder Bird

I finished my wool bird applique last week, but couldn't make a label because I couldn't think of a name.  


I asked my husband what he thought I should name it and he said Wonder Bird.  Knowing my struggle, he gave me the perfect name, because I'd been wondering what kind of bird it was.

I don't usually like a cotton border on a wool project, but this Kim Schaefer fabric was just perfect.

The pattern is "Birds and Berries" by Angela Lawrence.  The pattern is for a wool pillow, but I wanted a little quilt instead.




I've already talked about all the steps along the way, so I don't have much to say about it now.

This photograph shows the variety of embroidery I did, along with the straight-stitch hand quilting.




The legs are a little puny and spiky, but wool legs would have been too fat.


The back.




The label, with a fussy-cut bird wondering about something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.